More Tools Overview
D2L provides many tools to help organize and manage courses and activities. Many of the items listed here work in conjunction with other tools in and provide options for updating items quickly and interacting with students.
In addition, the guides listed here detail activities that need to be completed each quarter in order to set up D2L course sites, including copying course content.
More Tools and Activities Guides
- Attendance: Create a register to track student attendance in a course that meets face-to-face.
- Checklist: Create a checklist for assignments with many steps or multiple readings within a module.
- Class Progress: View all of a student's activity throughout your entire course site.
- Course Copy: Copy all or part of one course site into another one.
Export Course: Create a .zip file of all of your course site's content and settings.
- Finding Courses: Find course sites in D2L, update course banner image, and pin courses to D2L homepage.
- HTML Editor: Create new pages with HTML formatting in the Content area, items in the Announcements area, or descriptions for other D2L components, i.e., Submission folders, discussion topics, etc.
- Manage Dates: Update all or several start and/or end dates across entire courses.
- Navigation Bar: Create a custom navigation bar for a course.
- Notifications: Set up notification preferences in D2L.
Profile: Change profile settings to share contact and personal information.
- Release Conditions: Set up release conditions in Content, Assignments, and Quizzes to withhold topics from students until they satisfy the conditions.
- Rubrics: Set up a Likert-type scale for assessing assignments submitted to a Submission folder.
- Self Assessments: Create ungraded quizzes that students can take to monitor their progress.
- Student View: View a course site as students will see it.
Surveys: Create surveys for students enrolled in a course.