Desire2Learn > Tools
Desire2Learn (D2L) is ECC's learning management system. It allows faculty to share resources, collect assignments, and provide feedback to the students in their courses.
D2L has many features that can help instructors to better engage with students, and there are many guides that outline how to use them.
- Classlist: View the students enrolled in a course, add a teaching assistant to a course, and communicate with students via email.
- Content: Share course materials, including documents, videos, links, and other resources.
- Course Home: Design a custom landing page for a course site, add news items to it, and set up a course calendar that displays important dates.
- Discussions: Create discussion forums in which students can discuss topics related to the course, collaborate on assignments, and share work.
- Grades: Set up a grade book that is connected to assignments in a course site and allow students to track scores.
- Groups : Organize students in groups in a course, then set up group-restricted submission folders and discussions.
Quizzes: Create quizzes that can be taken online by students and graded within D2L.
Respondus Monitor: Proctor exams using an application that builds on LockDown Browser.
- Submissions: Collect assignments from students and provide feedback online.
- Zoom: Host virtual meetings with your entire class or host one-on-one meetings with students.
- More Tools: Use many other features of D2L that enable instructors to build a flexible, collaborative learning experience.
Request Help with D2L
Instructional Improvement and Distance Learning department is your main source of contact for help with using D2L. We provide training and help troubleshoot issues in course sites. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
We also assist faculty who want to integrate technology into their courses and partner with them to design fully online and hybrid online/face-to-face classes.