Setting up notifications helps learners to stay on top of their work. Notifications can be set up inside D2L and sent to a mobile device or to email.
Set Up Notifications
- Select your name.
- Select Notifications.
- Select the "Contact Methods"
- Email Address: By default, the email address in D2L is the preferred email address designated in accessECC. See Changing the Email Address below for instructions on how to change this email address.
- Mobile Number: You can register a mobile number to receive text notifications. See Setting up Text Notifications below for instructions on how to register a mobile number.
- Select how often notifications should be sent in “Summary of Activity”.
- Select which "Instant Notifications" to receive.
Select email and/or text for each of the triggers listed in “Instant notifications” to be received.
Select if grades are included in “Customize Notifications”.
- Select Include my grade value in notifications from Grades if you would like grades received in D2L to be included in the text of the notification.
Change the Email Address for D2L Notifications
- Select Change your email settings under “Contact Methods.”
- The “Email Settings” window will pop up. Select Use custom email.
- Enter the email address notifications should go to.
- Select Save again.
Note: A confirmation email will be sent to the email added in step 3. Notifications will not be received until the new email address is confirmed.
Set up Text Notifications
- Under “Contact Methods", select the Register Your Mobile link.
- The “Register Your Mobile” window will pop up. Select the country of service.
- Select the mobile carrier.
- Enter the Mobile Number with 3-digit area code.
- Select Save.
- A confirmation code will be sent to the number entered. Enter that code in the code field box.
- Select Confirm.
- Select the max number of messages to receive per day.
- Select Save.