Respondus Monitor is a proctoring application that builds on the LockDown Browser using a webcam to assist with the academic integrity of online exams. When this feature is enabled for a quiz, students are required to use a webcam and microphone with LockDown Browser to ensure that the testing environment facilitates academic honesty. After the exam is complete, instructors have access to a report that shows any students with any flagged issues. Instructors are able to review the reports and associated recordings to determine if a violation occurred.
Note: LockDown Browser is not compatible with Chromebooks or Linux operating systems.
Enable Respondus Monitor
- Select More from the course navigation bar.
- Select Quizzes.
- Select the
LockDown Browser tab.
- Then select Continue to LockDown Browser.
- The LockDown Browser dashboard will appear with a list of quizzes. Select the arrow next to the title of the quiz to be enabled with Respondus Monitor.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Select the circle next to "Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam." This will automatically select the option to "Require LockDown Browser to view feedback and results."
- (Optional) Set a password and modify any advanced settings.
- Under "Monitor Webcam Settings," select the circle next to "Require Respondus Monitor for this exam."
- Modify any optional settings for the Startup Sequence:
- Additional Instructions provides students with an overview of the Respondus Monitor. Select Edit text to change the message that students will see.
- Guidelines + Tips shows students steps for best practices.
- Student Photo requires students to take a photo before beginning the quiz.
- Show ID requires students to show identification to the camera. If using this option, establish the required identification with students beforehand.
- Environment Check requires students to show their surrounding area to the camera.
- (Optional) Modify settings under "Facial Detection Options" and "Advanced Settings".
- Select Save and Close.
More from the course navigation bar.
- Select the LockDown Browser tab to navigate to the LockDown Browser Dashboard.
- Select the arrow next to the appropriate quiz.
- From the dropdown menu, select Class results.
- A roster of students in the class will be shown with the review priority, date, time, and duration of the quiz.
- Select the plus sign next to a student to expand the section.
- Details for the quiz session will be shown in thumbnails. Select a thumbnail to view video, mark as reviewed, or add comments.