Instructors can provide feedback directly in submitted Word and PDF documents using the annotation tool. Once the annotations are published, students will be able to view them within the document they submitted and see any additional feedback or score left in the submission.
- Select Assignments in the course navigation bar.
- Select the name of the assignment to be graded.
- Select a Assignment to annotate.
- The document will open. Within the document there are various tools for annotating:
- Select the dropdown arrow next to the pen icon A for the following options:
- Pen: Draw freehand with a pen tool.
- Highlighter: Draw freehand with a highlighter.
- Highlighter (text): Select text to highlight.
- Eraser: Erase annotations freehand.
- Use the cursor to select any text within the document for additional tools B:
- Highlighter: The selected text will be highlighted.
- Strikethrough: The selected text will be marked with a line through it.
- Underline: The selected text will be marked with a line under it.
- Wavy Underline: The selected text will be marked with a squiggly underline.
- Select the Note box A to leave an in-line note. When selected, additional options for colors and shapes will be available to include in the markup.
- Select the Textbox B to add a textbox anywhere in the document. Once selected, additional options for modifying the text will be available.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to the plain square C for additional options:
- Line: Draw a line anywhere in the document.
- Arrow: Draw an arrow to point anywhere in the document.
- Rectangle: Draw a rectangle around an object in the document.
- To delete any annotation:
- Select the annotation (i.e. the highlighted/underlined text or note) A.
- Select the trash can icon B.
- A confirmation popup will open. Select OK.
Note: If an image file has been submitted, the only annotation actions available are Note, Pen, and Eraser.
- Once all annotations, feedback, and scores have been added, select Publish.