Learning Repository allows you to publish learning objects formatted in SCORM 1.2 format and to publish quizzes and assessments formatted as QTI packages.
You can also publish individual files and links that are not part of a content package. SCORM compliance is not required for publishing files.
Note Learning Repository does not support publishing SCORM 2004 content directly from your PC.
Do one of the following:
- Click LOR on the navbar, then Publish.
- Click Publish in the Admin Tools widget, or from the Admin Tools menu on the minibar.
- Click Publish in the Learning Repository (LOR) widget.
- Select File or Package, or Internet Address.
Choose whether to Create a new object or overwrite an existing object.
- Select Pick a Repository, then select the repository from the drop-down list.
Select Overwrite an existing object, then click Search to select the object to overwrite.
Select Overwrite the existing object's metadata if you want to enter completely new metadata for the object - otherwise, the new learning object will inherit the previous object's metadata.
Note You may want to overwrite an existing object's metadata completely if the new object's structure differs from the old object's structure. For example, if you reorder topics ABC within a module to resemble ACB, topic C inherits topic B's metadata.
- Select Overwrite the existing object's metadata if you want to enter completely new metadata for the object - otherwise, the new learning object will inherit the previous object's metadata.
- Click Sharing and Publishing Options.
- Select Publish in the background if you want to leave the page while the system publishes. You can check the publishing job's status later.
Choose options for the learning object/file's visibility.
- Only you and users with sufficient permission can view hidden learning objects and files.
- You can change this option once the object/file is published to the LOR.
- Publicly available objects are available to users without an ID and password to the Learning Environment.
- Select the Creative Commons rights you want to associate with the learning object/file. Creative Commons licensing enables you to retain copyright on your work while allowing different degrees of reuse to other users. For more information go to creativecommons.org.
- To apply classifications to the learning object, click Classify on the Edit Metadata for [Learning Object] page. Classifications allow you to categorize your object based on the Classification Schema you chose from the Classification Schema drop-down list.
- Click Next.
On the Publish to LOR page, enter. Click Publish.
Note Associating a creative commons license automatically populates the metadata rights fields with this information.
If the learning object you're publishing is an image file, Select a Thumbnail.
- For SCORM packages, name your desired thumbnail .jpg, .png, or .gif image "d2l_thumbnail", and Learning Repository will generate a thumbnail using that image.
- If you don't see the option to change the default thumbnail image of an image file, contact your administrator to configure this option for you.
- On the Publishing Complete page, you can View the learning object details, publish a new learning object , or share the object through its URL or through social sharing sites.
- Click Done.